Coffee To Enhance Snowboard Performance
Coffee is an incredible start to the day and a perfect catalyst to supercharge your snowboarding! It has long been recognised as an amazing way to deliver a boost of energy and improve endurance. It also has some more subtle and less known health benefits for the body. Coffee has a lipolytic effect (fat burning) that frees fats in the body to be broken down and boosts metabolism. The combination of benefits is just what you're looking for when being physically active all day snowboarding and want to charge hard.
Bulletproof Coffee Before You Snowboard
Bulletproof Coffee is organic black coffee blended with MCT/Brain Octane oil and grass-fed butter.
- Brain Octane Oil (or MCT oil) contains medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil that will ignite your mind and keep it electrified for hours.
- The butter-oil combo helps you to feel full and provides essential healthy saturated fat and conjugated linoleic acids.
- Starting your morning with healthy fats supports the hormonal system, supplies energy and is great for cognitive function.
Energy Boost In Your Snowboarding
Caffeine is a stimulant that can help boost mental focus and increase alertness. When snowboarding you need to have laser focus, as a lapse in concentration can leave you on our butt or in a dangerous situation.
- As you ingest coffee, it causes certain neurotransmitters to fire. The levels of serotonin, dopamine and acetylcholine increase in your brain and work more effectively.
- This increase in focus is perfect for any mental task that you have to accomplish and is also amazing for fighting off tiredness.
A boost in mental alertness and energy is perfect before a workout, to push your body and get 100% out of it. Athletic performance has been shown to improve by as much as 10%, through the consumption of caffeine. You can work longer and harder because coffee releases fatty acids into the blood and increases blood flow to muscles.
Health benefits of coffee
- Caffeine starts the body’s process of calorie burning and lifts metabolism by over 10%. Consuming caffeine activates the mechanism of Lipolysis in the body, helping it to release free fatty acids in the bloodstream. As these acids are released it helps your body to break down and burn fat more efficiently.
- The central nervous system is stimulated by caffeine. When stimulated it sends signals to the body to start breaking down fat cells. When you drink coffee it can increase certain hormones in your blood. Epinephrine (Adrenaline) starts to flow through the blood and helps break down fats by releasing them as free fatty acids in our blood.
- It boosts resting metabolic rate (RMR). The higher this rate, the more calories your body can burn. Coffee delivers as much as a 10% boost in RMR. This increase in RMR helps your body chew up stored fat.
However, studies have shown this RMR effect to be greater in leaner people. In comparison to those who suffer from obesity or weight issues. Age also has an impact. The younger you are the more favourable the hike in fat burning ability.
Points To Keep In Mind
- Consider your drink choice. A shot of espresso or an Americano with water is essentially calorie-free. A lot of coffee drinks will have cream, milk or sugary syrup. These ingredients will add a lot of sugar and calories to your coffee, so be careful and try to avoid them.
- Your body can build up a tolerance to caffeine and excessive intake can cause stress and affect sleep. Try to consume one or two cups a day either in the morning or early afternoon. Don’t forget to exercise or at least take a walk.
- Coffee is a diuretic that causes a release of water in the body. This means we must keep hydrated by drinking lots of water.
There are many benefits of coffee if taken in moderation and without any added sugar. It can positively affect your metabolism, mental focus, and performance on snow. Coffee can be the perfect kick-start to your day helping to wake up your body. Start enhancing your snowboarding and workouts with the magical bean!